This event will take place at
Braehead Foods Demo Kitchen
14:00 to 14:30
DISH - Mushroom Risotto
400ml of chicken stock
20g of butter
20ml white wine
½ a chopped onion
40g sliced mushrooms
60g of Arborio rice
20g of Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
- Bring the stock to the boil and keep hot
- Into a pan add 10g of butter and sweat off the onions until they are soft and translucent then add the sliced mushrooms.
- Add the rice stir until all the rice is covered in butter.
- Add the white wine and reduce.
- Take a small ladle of hot stock and pour on to the rice
- Continue to stir until all the liquid has been absorbed (3 minutes)
- Repeat the process until the rice has swollen and is nearly tender
- The rice should not be soft be neither should it be chalky
- The rice should take approximately 20 minutes to cook
- Add the remaining butter and half the parmesan cheese, season and cover for a few minutes
- Serve in a warm bowl with parmesan cheese